Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

Badlands Masters

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Members (79)
»  ExIT
»  Flow
»  Hani_
»  htc
»  JP500
»  lkhby
»  mazq
»  pexi
»  Poxo
»  Rumpi
»  Salva
»  VVV
»  Xtasy
»  Zoso
Guests (194)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

EGC #1: Strike the Balance - Announcement

Moderators:  Carlos Ferdinand,  Genette,  Jaraldo

Advertisement from Google 

Re: EGC #1: Strike the Balance - Announcement

Postby  Jineapple » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:50 am

16 Jan 2017, 23:49 GMT » Cutht wrote:
so there is this balance patch, x-patch, regular aoc and aoe:HD fixes, right?

Those are currently the "main" balance mods/expansions, yes.
AoC/AK Cheat sheet (*all* attack bonuses, unit stats, civ bonuses&techs!):
http://aoe2sheet.info
PDFs for printing: http://download.aoe2sheet.info
Share, correct, comment!
 Jineapple

Postby  malamadre » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:57 am

Will donations for the tournament be accepted?, if so how can you change the whole +25 -25 $$$ thing.
 malamadre

1694 (54%)

Postby  Genette » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:51 am

16 Jan 2017, 14:29 GMT » KGB_GT_SY wrote:
Good job Carlos & team. Looking forward to it. IIRC you were talking about a TG event? Not complaining about 1v1 as previous balance patch tournaments were pretty great with the variety.

What streaming policy you are going to follow?

Yes, the next Balance Patch event is planned to be a TG one, looking forward to it myself. As for streaming: We'll stick with the Voobly Code of Conduct, which will hopefully prevent streaming-related dramas from the past. In reality, this means: Main channel for this event will be VooblyOfficial, non-partnered Twitch-streamers are free to stream (idea is to support "smaller" streamers) and partnered Twitch-streamers will have to get in touch with chris@voobly in order get access. Basic idea is: a) we want you to stream b) we want you to chip in & facilitate future events.

16 Jan 2017, 14:34 GMT » theCraigert wrote:
Why dry ara and not normal?

Partly, because it has become a tradition in balance events, partly because there is a pretty good overlap between people who support improved balance and people who prefer dry arabia over the original arabia (remember: arabia can be green, too - no changes there).

17 Jan 2017, 04:57 GMT » malamadre wrote:
Will donations for the tournament be accepted?, if so how can you change the whole +25 -25 $$$ thing.

Since we're in the middle of setting up a new paypal account with read-only rights for tournament admins etc., this is a great idea. We could create donation pages for specific purposes (e.g. individual matches) etc. Good thinking! Since there's a couple of weeks left before the Final Stage, I guess we can work something out without messing things up.
 Genette

1602 (47%)

Postby BMAPC187 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:38 am

Yes, the next Balance Patch event is planned to be a TG one, looking forward to it myself. As for streaming: We'll stick with the Voobly Code of Conduct, which will hopefully prevent streaming-related dramas from the past. In reality, this means: Main channel for this event will be VooblyOfficial, non-partnered Twitch-streamers are free to stream (idea is to support "smaller" streamers) and partnered Twitch-streamers will have to get in touch with chris@voobly in order get access. Basic idea is: a) we want you to stream b) we want you to chip in & facilitate future events.

I think that is a very good idea, much better than previous ('exclusive') policy. It forces partnered streamers (i.e., those that get something out of AoC) to also put something in.
Last edited by BMAPC187 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BMAPC187

Postby  Genette » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:39 pm

Update:

All partnered Twitch-streamers have been provided contact details in order to get in touch with chris@voobly. I have removed further streaming-related questions to keep this topic relevant to the event. As other platforms such as youtube and twitch for instance, Voobly will be dealing with partnered streamers & business entities in private.
 Genette

1602 (47%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  MembTV » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:14 am

contacted the 1st day i saw the post on aoczone(16/01 - 8 days ago) even before genette send us a email via aoczone(18/01 - 6 days ago), i had chris on my skype for sometime ago and with fluent communication, got 0 answer from him since this post was done, maybe he busy or whatever but there is 0 communication right now 6 days away from the start week 1, i dont know other streamers, but me, for stream tournaments i have to organize, otherwise no chance.

Hope i can get some information about the conditions, otherwise sadly won´t be able to stream

If that is the case, GL with the tournament.
Enjoy with my streams there!!!!

http://www.twitch.tv/fopt_membrillo
 MembTV

Postby  Genette » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:50 am

I'll ask chris to check his Skype then. First day of the event is Jan 30th and we expect the majority of matches to take place on the weekend of Feb 3rd-5th.

Edit: Managed to get in touch with him. He'll answer everyone by the end of day. Thanks for taking interest in this event.

Edit2: Had to remove replies again. Asking for a reply from chris@voobly is fine. Posting a wall of text to stir drama (≠Memb) is not. This is the announcement topic of this said event. If you want to discuss Voobly's Code of Conduct as a partnered Twitch streamer, again: you have been provided the contact details needed.

Cf.
  18 Jan 2017, 11:39 GMT » Genette wrote:
Voobly will be dealing with partnered streamers & business entities in private.
 Genette

1602 (47%)

Postby  T90Official » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:17 pm

Genette wrote:
I'll ask chris to check his Skype then. First day of the event is Jan 30th and we expect the majority of matches to take place on the weekend of Feb 3rd-5th.

I contacted Chris on the 18th. No response. Yesterday you said I would get a response by the end of the day and I have not received one. What is going on? We "have been provided the contact details needed" but no one is communicating with us and yet we are being held back from streaming the event. I think it is reasonable to be posting on aoczone when we have no information.
LiveStreamer & Caster

www.twitch.tv/t90official
 T90Official

Postby  Genette » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:26 pm

Yes and I can only apologize. chris got caught up last night and he promised to get in touch with everyone today after work.

Edit: chris confirms he's replied to all partnered streamers who showed interest in this event. Our apologies for the delay.
 Genette

1602 (47%)

Postby  The Taxman » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:44 pm

If Voobly alone streams this tourney then the tourney is doomed. Check out for example MoA 2v2. AMAZING tourney, and who has streamed most of the tourney so far? Memb, and he has streamed way more than Voobly.
 The Taxman

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion