Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

Badlands Masters

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Staff (1)
Members (52)
»  _MbL_
»  Ator
»  CJ92
»  dogao
»  KL88
»  lkhby
»  Zoso
Guests (153)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

Nations Cup Thoughts

Moderator:  Nonsensical

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Nations Cup Thoughts

Postby  Philippe le Bon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:53 pm

I'm a bit disappointed about (denmark) team, I hoped that Kong would join.

I guess Sweden A is the best Viking team, but Denmark A have chances to prove them wrong
by (guadeloupe) yampi » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:57 pm
Va te faire enculer sous merde. gros fils de pute.
I would enjoy to remove his eyes with a shovel, puke into his throat and force him to breath it to make sure his lungs are burnt so he dies suffering atrocely.
 Philippe le Bon

1428 (36%)

Postby  Fijure » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:14 pm

17 Jun 2017, 20:53 GMT » Philippe le Bon wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed about (denmark) team, I hoped that Kong would join.

I guess Sweden A is the best Viking team, but Denmark A have chances to prove them wrong

In our hearts, Kongen is still part of the team.

Regarding the tournament, I have high hopes for Finland making it to the top 4, they were really good last time and seem incredibly well played together. I regard the two top China teams as primary favorites, especially since we know have a legit strong China B team centered on Tim compared to previous years, along with Vietnam. Brazil A is really strong on paper, but seems to underperform often. I'd think Canada A is more rusty than earlier.

My top 4 would be:

1. China SY
2. Vietnam
3. China Frantic
4. Finland
 Fijure

Postby  Aurelius » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:31 pm

17 Jun 2017, 18:39 GMT » CZ_Mango wrote:
What is disappointing for me is very tiny number of asian teams. I expected at least 3 times as much asian teams. If you look at asian region it is kinda funny that it is being dominated by aussie teams in terms of numbers.

On the other hand I am glad about unusually big amount of europe teams. I suppose it is mostly because of entertaining settings and especially great job with silver league which gives opportunity to many more players and teams to have some fun. I think it is the first time that also the lower skilled teams have this big space for their participation equal to top teams.

I remember that it has been the same thing in other tournaments. Asian teams simply don't seem to sign-up for "fun" in the same way. Why? No idea.
 Aurelius

Postby  Goodfello » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 pm

17 Jun 2017, 14:52 GMT » Goodfello wrote:
Top teams
Finland A
Germany A (with Jordan!)
Brazil A
Canada A
Vietnam A
China SY

Good teams
Spain A
Austria A
Russia A
China Frantic

Those are the most powerful teams i can see on the list.

About the top teams, as we mentined arleady, it is about how much their members are playing these days, communication and experience.

I always like Winland in team games, i can't wait to see their performance with Villese who is very strong. Much better than Rubenstock, no offence to him (or to anybody).

About VNS, in my opinion Yellow is not at the same level with the other 3 players and they must "hide" that as a team.

Canada has a top player in very good shape, Slam. This is his time to shine. In my eyes Chris was a beast and very few players can ever be close to his best level (Viper, Jordan, Daut, Yo, Riut, and that's it). Now he is a bit rusty i guess but i cannot see how he will not still be very very good. So, it's up to the other members of the team to make it easier to those two guys to carry them.

The Brazil teams have the superstar names in their rosters, will see how will they actually play.

China A is ...China A. I dislike Lyx, i think they are a bit rusty as a team, but of course they have the skills to win this. I hope they won't, i prefer a new champion.

From the second list, Russia is a longshot, they are trying to shake things up and maybe they can do some damage. Austria A is also a longshot. Liereyy is becoming better and better, Lavie is good, LB10 is OK. They can titanic easily cause they have no experience but still, interesting team. Spain A seems like a good team but i think this is a bit ...messy. You need 4 or 5 players, and good communication. This is not a football game to look for 11 players and 7 substitutes.
 Goodfello

Postby  AlphaAndOmega » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:27 am

Canada just doesn't have the communication like China, Vietnam, Finland, etc. I'd put them in the top 8 though. Top 4: definitely a dice roll, but I like Brazil B's chances with their raw skill. St4rk and dogao in particular. They'll take the tournament. Can't really leave out China SY or China Frantic, so I'd put them at numbers 2 and 3, respectively. Wall like champs and keep your armies together! Finland as the dark horse cannot really fall lower than number 4 IMO. Close contenders: Vietnam A for number 5, and CZ A for 6 due to stellar team work and quite solid players. :ugeek: 8-)
 AlphaAndOmega

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Goodfello » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:47 am

20 Jun 2017, 06:27 GMT » AlphaAndOmega wrote:
Top 4: definitely a dice roll, but I like Brazil B's chances with their raw skill. St4rk and dogao in particular. They'll take the tournament.

I think Miguel is in the best shape right now, they have to help him boom and do his thing.
 Goodfello

Previous

Return to General Discussion