Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Staff (1)
Members (31)
»  [x]
»  Alvik
»  BacT
»  ebbu
»  Rein
Guests (120)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

Unit Stats/Attack Bonus Spreadsheet for AoC/AoFE

Game tutorials, strategies, tips & tricks
Advertisement from Google 

Unit Stats/Attack Bonus Spreadsheet for AoC/AoFE

Postby  Jineapple » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi!
Do you remember the leaflet that came with the Age of Kings CD? It had Civ Bonuses, available techs and a list of unit counters.

My goal was to create something similar, but improved for AoC and AoFE and the new African Kingdoms Expansion as well. Therefore I dug through the game data with the genie editor, did some testing and looked at other lists to create a spreadsheet for unit stats and all their hidden attack bonuses.

The steam guide has pictures for the original AoC version (so for voobly as well) and the HD expansion dataset.
http://www.aoe2sheet.info (Will redirect to a steam guide)

If you want to see the FE mod version or PDFs for easier printing, you can find those here:
http://1drv.ms/1Ukn3QE

The AoC spreadsheet is now also featured on Aochub (Thanks, Genette!): http://aochub.com/csj/

There is a version for nearly all flavours of this game (AoC/AoE HD, AoFE 2.2 and 3.1 mods, HD expansion (AoF and AK) datasets, each with a civ bonus and tech overview as well (Just the balance patch doesn't have a version yet). Those should all be correct except for a few possible mistakes. I'm constantly working on improving these, currently my focus is mostly on the HD version and coupled with that, standard AoC for Voobly.
Any help with that, whether it's corrections or feedback is appreciated. You can post here, on the steam guide or on the text document on OneDrive I made publically editable for comments. Apart from that, I'm just happy to share it in the hopes it might help someone.
Last edited by  Jineapple on Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.
 Jineapple

Re: Unit Stats/Attack Bonus Spreadsheet for AoC/AoFE

Postby  Miral » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:52 pm

Really good idea :D
 Miral

Postby  _InDuS_TauruS_ » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:58 pm

That's some hard work! gj
[18:50] CarlosFerdinand says: i accept u are my master

Friendship-
[Show] Spoiler:
[17:44] [InDuS]_TauruS__ says:
why u wanna piss me off?
[17:44] [wW]MaJkL_ says:
cuz u are taurus.. u do that to me too
[17:44] [InDuS]_TauruS__ says:
[17:44] [wW]MaJkL_ says:
thats what friendship means

[18:33] _pRoDiGy__ says: LN sux
 _InDuS_TauruS_

1863 (53%)

Postby  Aguruchi » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:03 am

That's quite some time spent!
But I'm not downloading just yet, waiting for Nov 05 and your African Kingdoms update! :-)
 Aguruchi

Postby  Jineapple » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:19 am

I'll try to work that in as soon as possible, but I'm quite busy with uni and other stuff this week unfortunately. I'm hoping for extensive change logs so that it'll be a bit less work.
 Jineapple

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Aguruchi » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:44 pm

03 Nov 2015, 08:19 GMT » Jineapple wrote:
I'll try to work that in as soon as possible, but I'm quite busy with uni and other stuff this week unfortunately. I'm hoping for extensive change logs so that it'll be a bit less work.

Nice - I appreciate it! It's already apparent that lots of work has been put into this!
Cannot wait for the AK version too!

PS. Ain't midterms a bltch :-)
 Aguruchi

Postby  Jineapple » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:34 pm

I know I probably should do something else, but it's really tempting to find out all about African Kingdoms :D
I uploaded a tech chart and civ bonuses. The unit overview will take a bit longer, there are quite some changes (Camels are no longer ships :O)

Edit: Main Changes should be incorporated now. There's some stuff I want to test and some errors probably too, but the main bulk should be there. Changed the AoF HD files too. Not optimized for printing yet though.

Didn't take as long as I feared, thanks to change logs and genie editor

Edit2: I also have a steam guide up now, with pictures of the AoF HD and AoAK versions:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =548698803

Edit3: I'm stilly busy working on this. I could spend days on this if I had the time :P
A few recent changes:

-I created PDF versions and pictures for the steam guide.
-changed Byz Civ Bonus for Fire Ships to 25% attack speed increase instead of 20%, in line with other "attack speed increase" bonuses
-changed the hun bonus from 30% to +35% more accuracy on the Trebuchets (apparently the tech tree is wrong on that)
-Changed the archer attack from an erroneous 2 to the correct 4 pierce attack
-Changed the slinger line (in AoAK and AoF) where it had old values for siege and ram attack bonuses
-Added a "Faith" row in the Tech Chart overviews and removed Slavs and Magyars from it - I've previously missed that there are civs that don't get this tech in the Forgotten
-And some work on layout and stuff like that.

There's so much I'd still like to change or include though...
 Jineapple

Postby  Jineapple » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:03 pm

I've included a preview of the new layout I'm working on in my steam guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =548698803

If you want to help me out, I would love to get some feedback on that before I finalize it and transition all versions to the new layout, so it's not only relevant for HD players but also for normal AoC and the FE mod versions. Any feedback you might have would be great, either here or on the guide page itself.

Edit: And I'm finished! This has been a huge overhaul, I redid the layout, included more information and double-checked every value. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. The new versions are uploaded to the steam guide and as the original files and PDFs to my OneDrive.

There were quite a lot of small errors, so I kind of lost track :P

I'll still try to give a summary of what's new:
-For the civ bonus overview, I added costs of the unique techs
-For the tech overview, I also added costs
-The attack column was seperated into attack, range, accuracy and fire rate.. For melee units, line of sight is noted in the range column as additional info.
-Added "cost" and "build time" columns as additional info on how much a unit costs to produce and how long it takes to create one.
-removed the reference to increased attack bonus for cataphracts/CA after researching Logistica/Parthian Tactics. This effect is mentioned in the appropriate spots (Tech overview and civ bonus/unique tech over)

-For some units with unique mechanics, I added an extra line to better explain those
-A few color changes to hopefully make the different colour more distinguishable. Not that easy of a task!

And on top of that I went through almost all the values again and rechecked them. I did find a lot of small errors.
A list of changes (Not all of them, I didn't keep track very well):
Expansions:
-Elephant Archer bonus against buildings/stone defense lowered
-Added Unique class to genitour
-Added Cavalry Archer class to Conquistador
-Elephant Archer -2 archer armor
-Chu Ko Nu/Longboat: Additional arrows slow down the theoretical fire rate. Added rough experimental values instead
-Eagle LoS is 6
-Scorpions have 7 pierce armor in expansions
-Elite Caravels now do 9 building dmg (used to be 7)
-Keeps have 2250 HP, not 2220

Both versions: Hand Cannoneers 1 melee/0 Pierce armor

AoC:Fixed Viking cost bonus of warships (20% less, not 25%)
 Jineapple

Postby  Jineapple » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:18 pm

And another big update! I've decided to add all those techs that every civilization get to the tech overview. It now has all techs with costs and research time on it. In line with that, I also added build time of unique techs and costs/build time of elite unit upgrade to the the civ bonus overviews
 Jineapple

Postby  Karikhador » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:45 am

thanks a lot!
 Karikhador

Return to Articles and Guides