Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Members (24)
»  Hico
»  wgf
Guests (111)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

The Great Guide of Micromanagement and Macromanagement

Game tutorials, strategies, tips & tricks
Advertisement from Google 

Re: The Great Guide of Micromanagement and Macromanagement

Postby  DJ_Argenta_ » Thu May 05, 2011 5:08 pm

dreams, i will translate text to spanish and post it on irc community web, hope u dont mind :$
 DJ_Argenta_

Postby  MiKe_BcS__ » Thu May 05, 2011 5:43 pm

excelent mister dreams! @_@
 MiKe_BcS__

Postby  DreaIVIS » Fri May 06, 2011 2:22 pm

05 May 2011, 16:08 GMT » DJ_Argenta_ wrote:
dreams, i will translate text to spanish and post it on irc community web, hope u dont mind :$

That would be great :)
We are actively recruiting staff with good logic, punctuality and sense for good recorded games and will to work for the community.

One of the best Age of Empires 2 streams. Always with lot of emotion and will to become a better gamer. Tune in www.twitch.tv/aoewithdreaivis and press follow!
 DreaIVIS

2405 (60%)

Postby  DJ_Argenta_ » Fri May 06, 2011 5:09 pm

[quote="[url=http://www.aoczone.net/viewtopic.php?p=97558#p97558]06 May 2011, 13:22 GMT[/url] » DreaIVIS"][quote="[url=http://www.aoczone.net/viewtopic.php?p=97449#p97449]05 May 2011, 16:08 GMT[/url] » DJ_Argenta_"]dreams, i will translate text to spanish and post it on irc community web, hope u dont mind :$[/quote]

That would be great :)[/quote]
here it is http://theconquerors.es/foro/37-escuela ... zado#60097
 DJ_Argenta_

Postby  denny_different » Fri May 06, 2011 7:26 pm

Nice article dreams, some interesting points there.

In my view, one of the most important things to master in AOC is how to spend your time wisely. No one is infinitely fast, and everyone has to sacrifice one thing in order to concentrate another. Watching expert recs on viewlock (or even live if you're lucky enough) can give you some valuable insights about the top players. For example, I remember Halen in his prime would enter into a key battle, then immediately switch back to his economy and make sure everything's ticking along smoothly. In fact, many top players do this, including Daut. You could argue that they know the game so well that there's no need to check the battle, since they know they're gonna win it anyway, but in practice this isn't the case at all. That is to say, sometimes (or even mostly) it is simply a mistake to enter into a key battle and then not pay close attention to it. It probably sounds ridiculous to criticise how some of the best players use their time, but instead of looking at it as a single mistake, I think it's rather a glimpse into their general time priorities - in this case, that macromanagement is overall more important to them.

Of course, there are also plenty of successful players who focus much more on micro, though in my experience they tend to play aggressive rush strategies. The first example that comes to mind is Kmkm (won WCG 2001 with a rush that everybody knew was coming!). If you don't watch your battles against him then you'll also probably end up resigning at 15 minutes with no army, so it really depends on the game as to where your priorities lie.

It's also interesting to note that it's often not the quickest players on keyboard/mouse who are the most effective at either macro or micro. Much of their time is wasted with ineffective or repetitive clicking, when they could be doing something more useful. I think the real trick is to be discerning in how you spend your time, rather than trying to be super quick.

Just my 2 cents!
 denny_different

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Honda » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:29 pm

from a DMers point of view, this also helps, with the replacement of certain things.. still a nice piece.. gj dream
 Honda

1901 (52%)

Postby  wf_galahad » Sun May 06, 2012 10:44 am

good info ty
 wf_galahad

1655 (54%)

Previous

Return to Articles and Guides