Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

Badlands Masters

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Staff (1)
Members (68)
»  [x]
»  _MbL_
»  Bacan
»  dogao
»  htc
»  Janik
»  Jupe
»  lkhby
»  mazq
»  Nick_
»  Zoso
Guests (168)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

Civilisation - Scorecard Version 2.1 (by Mike "Captn" Kidd)

Game tutorials, strategies, tips & tricks
Advertisement from Google 

Re: Civilisation - Scorecard Version 2.1 (by Mike Kidd)

Postby  [EIF]BokiSergy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:15 pm

I agree with Buga and Pkz, even the first step to make such a table isn't perfect, there is no reason to reject the idea. It might evolute, and with some upgrades, might be useful even for pro player.
 [EIF]BokiSergy

Postby  BugA_the_Great » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:24 pm

14 Jun 2010, 15:03 GMT » [EIF]BokiSergy wrote:
Wow, this gave me right now an awesome idea, we can make a calculator for counting enemy. For example u put in calculator u civ and civ of opponent. Then u put amount of his units: archers, knts, spears... Amount of ur resourses+ numbers of willagers on each resourses... And the calculator gives u information what is best answer of units u can make to count opponent... Hehe, yeah I know it sounds like imposible SF, there is many other parameters, but once day maybe we make something like that :)

Sounds as a nice idea... too bad that your opponent will probably gg you while you enter all the variables needed for calculations :D I imagine someone typing all the data while his villagers die screaming in the meantime. Or you can use the force of "Pause" key 8-)

But for those that still don`t have such a calculator in their head (as myself), it would be a very neat tool, if possible :) If data would be used directly from the game (rather then manually typing it in) it might work, but I guess it would be almost as a hack then, ruining the point of playing for fun and experience :P

14 Jun 2010, 19:15 GMT » [EIF]BokiSergy wrote:
I agree with Buga and Pkz, even the first step to make such a table isn't perfect, there is no reason to reject the idea. It might evolute, and with some upgrades, might be useful even for pro player.

I`m afraid that such a table can`t be created for pro players :( Just because everyone will argue about the system used to value things, like why did you chose this over that. You may try, it will surely be a great and nice work and I support it, but be prepared on negative comments and long discussions, too :(

Maybe pro players don`t need such tables after all...? ;)
 BugA_the_Great
Admin

1514 (47%)

Postby  The_King_Of_LN » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:54 am

buga it wasnt directed at you.
 The_King_Of_LN

Postby  BugA_the_Great » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:00 am

14 Jun 2010, 23:54 GMT » The_King_Of_LN wrote:
buga it wasnt directed at you.

Ah, sorry then. But please behave. I really like your posts (about AoC), but some of your other posts just can`t be tolerated (insults) :( Banning you over and over again isn`t the best solution neither for us nor you...

Just stay positive :angel: ;)
 BugA_the_Great
Admin

1514 (47%)

Postby  The_King_Of_LN » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:00 am

k then dont ban.
 The_King_Of_LN

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  CondoM » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:14 am

14 Jun 2010, 15:50 GMT » The_King_Of_LN wrote:
eh too bad whoever made this was a noob...i think it could be done alot better...i see some flaws..but i guess it could be helpful to someone, im sure id be amazed at how many players dont know tech tree

It was made waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in early aoc. He was captn_kidd or something, good aoe/ror player then begun working for ES during the development of aok. Not sure if he was ever good at aok though.
 CondoM

Postby  tanner » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:13 am

[quote="[url=http://www.aoczone.net/viewtopic.php?p=33290#p33290]14 Jun 2010, 18:12 GMT[/url] » The_King_Of_LN"]HOLY SHIT IM SAYING ID MAKE SOME TWEEKS TO IT, BUT I ALSO SAID ITS VERY HELPFUL FOR PPL WHO DONT KNOW ALL CIVS TECH TREES, HOWEVER I DO SO MAYBE IM COMING OFF ****. BUT TO SAY THE PERSON WHO WROTE THIS ISNT A NOOB IS BEING IGNORANT

"Let's say you get Persians in a random civilization game, and your Knight attack isn't working. Looking across the Persian line on the chart, you'll see that their Swordsmen line gets only a 4, so that would be a really bad choice. They get a 10 for all stable units, and also a 10 for Hand Cannoneers. (Dang! That would have been great against those Pikemen!) They also score well in Bombard Cannons and all non-Galleon naval units, and their Archer line is decent enough to use as a complement to whatever I choose. Or suppose you draw Celts. OK, don't bother building an archery range, go for infantry and siege."

-- CASE AND POINT.

GOOD TO KNOW THE SITE ADMIN IS THE BIGGEST FLAMER ON THE SITE....and a backstabber[/quote]

or, just maybe, this was designed in the early days of AoC when things were much different (such as the differences in 1.0c and vanilla AoC)
 tanner

Postby  The_King_Of_LN » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:17 am

maybe :) i didnt mean to offend the writer of this, maybe i worded it poorly.
 The_King_Of_LN

Postby  tanner » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:58 am

wtf, i swear when i made my post i didn't see condom's lol
 tanner

Postby  [EIF]BokiSergy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:01 am

[quote=]
Sounds as a nice idea... too bad that your opponent will probably gg you while you enter all the variables needed for calculations :D I imagine someone typing all the data while his villagers die screaming in the meantime. Or you can use the force of "Pause" key 8-)

But for those that still don`t have such a calculator in their head (as myself), it would be a very neat tool, if possible :) If data would be used directly from the game (rather then manually typing it in) it might work, but I guess it would be almost as a hack then, ruining the point of playing for fun and experience :P
[/quote]

Well, I also need to have a Daut's chip in head for calculating what to do in game :) with an "AOC Accelerator"
LOL man, I didn't mean to use that calculator in real-time of course :D Maybe for some experiments, or simulations :)

Well, u are right, any kind of that calculator would be a noob :) Tooooo many parameters ^^
 [EIF]BokiSergy

PreviousNext

Return to Articles and Guides