Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

Badlands Masters

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Staff (1)
Members (61)
»  [x]
»  _MbL_
»  Bacan
»  Fall
»  htc
»  Janik
»  Jupe
»  lkhby
»  mazq
»  Zoso
Guests (160)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

Civilisation - Scorecard Version 2.1 (by Mike "Captn" Kidd)

Game tutorials, strategies, tips & tricks
Advertisement from Google 

Re: Civilisation - Scorecard Version 2.1 (by Mike "Captn" Ki

Postby  superesky » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:20 pm

Ummm... what about the the spanish hand cannoneer and bombard cannon? Shouldn't they be higher because of the spanish bonus "Hand cannoners and bombard cannons fire 15% faster".
 superesky

Postby  Funito » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:30 am

They dont take the economical factor of the civs... teutons are 100% kts thx to his eco, play style and that cannot be well countered by monks and got 9.. Going archer with spain is like worst thing (big FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU when you see no crosbow) and got 7 wtf.
 Funito
Top 1v1 player

2285 (60%)

Postby  Fuzer » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:03 am

[quote="[url=http://aoczone.net/viewtopic.php?p=88806#p88806]02 Apr 2011, 23:30 GMT[/url] » Funito"]Going archer with spain is like worst thing (big FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU when you see no crosbow) and got 7 wtf.[/quote]
I expected 1 on spanish about archers, then see 7 O.o
 Fuzer

1731 (57%)

Postby  Hades85 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:52 pm

@Threadcreator do u have got a .odt or pdf version?

Or i must copy&paste this in my own excel calculation?
 Hades85

Postby  Darkraven » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:57 pm

png version of the table is at http://i.imgur.com/MuHjr.png

It's wider than 1200 px, so can't be linked to here.
 Darkraven

1423 (42%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Hades85 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Thx a lot.
 Hades85

Postby  Brainless » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Hey, whoever reads this old thread... this is an interesting attempt. I was looking for it because if have started something like this myself, but my approach will be quite different.

As we know, many unit characteristics are not found in the tables. Like firing or attack rate, exact unit speed, special armour or attack bonuses vs specific unit types, and so on.
More, the value of a unit in game is not reliably represented by this given numbers, because of the way they interact in game.
It is hard to explain this if you are not aware of the complex balance in combat situation. There are many parameters influencing a units succes, and they do this different in other circumstances. I am talking about things like unit speed, range and accuracy of opponent fire, units intelligence (build-in micro), ability to profit from terrain conditions, specific bonuses vs type of units. There is a lot of randomisation in game situations.

I am saying that valuating units or civs on basis of the given numbers is crude at best. It gives you a hint, but is not very exact and has many flaws.

Now then...
I am planning to start a Unit Benchmarking project myself. I actually already started it.
They way i work: i build testing scenarios in which 1 unit gets tested in every way i can think of.
This results in a lot of scores which i enter into a spreadsheet.
Then i combine all results with a lot of math and statistics to produce index values that reliably represent the units values. I like to tell more about this, but ist pretty extensive so i keep it short now.
The end result will be 1 number for the unit that can be used to compare it to all other units.

Yesterday i did Champion comparitative tests, and i must say there were some surprises already. ( to me, not being an expert )

My question to you readers is: Is this interesting material to you? Is it worth taking the trouble? Would you like to know more about the testing and value processing? Are there any specific things you would like to be tested?
Please respond.

Brainless
 Brainless

Postby  caizorto » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:08 am

Hello,

I'm a beginner and AOC and i'd like to get a picture of your table but i can manage it. Can you give me the table in jpg, png or whatever else?
 caizorto

Postby  BugA_the_Great » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:28 pm

^^ Hi caizorto, does this post (a few posts above yours) help?

19 Oct 2012, 14:57 GMT » Darkraven wrote:
png version of the table is at http://i.imgur.com/MuHjr.png

It's wider than 1200 px, so can't be linked to here.
 BugA_the_Great
Admin

1514 (47%)

Re: Civilisation - Scorecard Version 2.1 (by Mike Kidd)

Postby  Ash2538 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:59 am

14 Jun 2010, 15:50 GMT » The_King_Of_LN wrote:
eh too bad whoever made this was a noob...i think it could be done alot better...i see some flaws..but i guess it could be helpful to someone, im sure id be amazed at how many players dont know tech tree

wooowwwww.....

preface: I realise this thread was started years ago.. I further realise the document that is the subject of this thread was created YEARS before that..

I mean.. I really hate to kick a dead horse, and I'm guessing dude was banned for flaming (*shocker*) - which makes what I'm about to do pretty ironic I think..

but seriously.. what a DOUCHE...

04 Dec 2012, 11:59 GMT » Brainless wrote:
My question to you readers is: Is this interesting material to you? Is it worth taking the trouble? Would you like to know more about the testing and value processing? Are there any specific things you would like to be tested?
Please respond.

Brainless

So I feel like I'm a year late to the party (or so).. but yeah I'm interested lol. I was actually gonna do something similar to this myself (though not quite so technical, math centric or all around involved) - I was interested mainly in unit bonuses for which there aren't any numbers around for reference.

Ex.

- Unit LOS (radius measured in tiles)?
- Unit travel speed (in tiles/second or some other universal measurement)?
- Another good example is unit specific bonuses. I'm not talking civ-specific bonuses or unique unit bonuses. I'm talking just standard units available to all civs. For example: spearmen. No upgrades. We all know spears suck. That's why we don't train them. Unless our opponent is using scouts! Instantly, spears become the only unit we want. Why though? We know spears get a bonus vs. cavalry (I assume we all know basic unit counters at this point).. but how much? Spears have some SERIOUSLY crappy attack stats.. obviously their attack is better vs. cavalry.. but what exactly is their attack vs. cavalry? How much bonus damage do they get?

Things like that.. that aren't actually mentioned anywhere are definitely very good things to know IMO - and worth taking the hour (or less) to test them and get the answers.. :)

*Note* due to shier laziness and a completely mystifying preference for playing the game (over sitting around studying it) - I still haven't gotten around to testing this... lol.
 Ash2538

PreviousNext

Return to Articles and Guides