Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Members (34)
»  _Arc
»  Fedex
»  patao
»  pexi
Guests (106)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

Germany pG_Lance(Aantan) versus GameOfSmurfs Sweden 21 jan

Death Match recorded games

Moderator:  fallingstar

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Germany pG_Lance(Aantan) versus GameOfSmurfs Sweden 21

Postby  _ChatterBoX_ » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:43 pm

MaJoR_Kd is the next Kkab...only with better english :P
When I was a kid I was going to change the world. Today if the remote is on the other end of the couch, I don’t even change the channel :mrgreen:
 _ChatterBoX_

Postby  MaJoR_Kd » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:46 pm

Where was I, ah yes, Chapter 4...

So the year is 2003 and pG_Lance is on the scene, rocking it up. The countless times I got smurfed, oh boy.
There's MaJoR's still around but their presence has greatly diminished. In fact there is hardly anyone sporting the name now, same goes for IYIiK.
MaLiCiOuS had a run in 2001 era with new additions. K1LLa (Joe) tried to make it more team competitive to challenge the other known clans. It worked, they had some success, but in the grand history of AoC this was only for a glimpse. Joe recruited some strong players on an invite only basis, but I was ex-MaLiCiOuS at this time.
So when Lance was getting known I recall Joe trying to befriend him... in respect of his play, and Lance not having too much interest. pG as a clan was a weird one. It was one of the only clans of its time to be in other games. If you checked the website (which may even still exist), they had players are e-sport level across the shop. It was like Legion clan, only in many games, not just AoC. K1LLa had insanely good English and one day logged onto forums and posted (at the age of 14 or so) that he was quitting AoC for good as part of his studies. However, he didn't quit. It was a stunt to come back in the hope of fooling others into believing a new pro was on the scene. How did he do it?

Well pG clan was a weird clan in the sense that you never really knew if someone was a member or not, having no true founder on the age scene to speak of. Notice you never hear of pG clan battles or of a founder? Joe (K1LLa) made the name pG_Timble and smurfed everyone to high fook into the 2K mark mayans. Joe never reached 2.1K afaik, and I once saw a post wondering why that was, seeing as he was such a good player. Well on the face of it he was. Although he made further appearances and no one can forget his notority in the team game scene, he was more of a trend setter; an inventor if you will. Team game unit combos and fast rushes/execution were his forte, and he proved that beating RD_ChampioN and Mimmox in a 2v2 dm game he duly called "Clash of the titans". He and SpaiN won with a full clump maya start (Joe) and a full pala start (hun) and beat them. Their opponents played a more current style, with eco and unit balance. But Joe was excellent at army control and sparing heavy gold units. After his nick pG_Bravo (which Jidba made a nick more recently 2010-11 as I guess a tribute to him), Joe faded out of the DM scene and moved to CS where he could play blood games (the early and much more fun kinda on tiny maps) and really showed off his military control.

I know I started this in 2003 and then regressed but my brain is full of memories, and it all comes back to you as you reflect. That's all I can type for now. Chapter 5 will be more specific to what the end of Chapter 3 promised :)
 MaJoR_Kd

2030 (65%)

Postby  Pratiek » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:15 pm

These history lessons are more fun than I thought
 Pratiek

1710 (53%)

Postby  Digital_Driver_ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:26 am

26 Jan 2014, 10:14 GMT » Sney wrote:
Lance once told me, that he started playing Age of empires by playing BF DM 1v1. Then he moved to Arabia and took the no1. But he was so much better than anyone with a siege onager civ.. his micro with trebs and siege onager (specially trebs) was far beyond any other player. you still can see this in some BF / Michi games.

I second that. I remember a 1x1 DM-game from Andy on team islands in the early days. Yeah, it wasn't all about arabia. He was koreans and did a shitload of siege, bbts and turtle ships OP! Talk about gold management!
 Digital_Driver_

Postby  mYsTikaL_SouL » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:58 pm

mYsTikaL_SouL
Expert Player

2222 (66%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  ELLaS_Jidba » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Kd you are forgetting about ELLaS clan .
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
 ELLaS_Jidba
AoC Legend

Postby  _Jago_ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:14 pm

Great stories man,
Looking forward to chapter 5!
 _Jago_

Postby  _NorTH_PaLaDiN_ » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:00 pm

Wow old schooler here and great stories. I was one of The last MaJoR's that entered The clan before The definitive death, PaLY let me in but i was not so good as the bests (machado etc). Pg lance was RdT_Lance and rocked aok. I Made paladin clan with South paladin aka Spain_ Then he had a Bad accident and now wheelchair :(. I reached 2k after 3 lives almost but I think I could play (and 90% losses) vs The greatest players of The Gold era. Ciaoo
 _NorTH_PaLaDiN_

Postby  big_paladin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Just read this entire thread.

I enjoy watching MaJoR_KD's Twitch channel (although, I do wish it was better quality!)

Thanks for taking the time to bring back all the nostalgia!
 big_paladin

Postby  MaJoR_Kd » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:48 pm

Sadly, there will be no more stories or AoC DM streams from me as I have now officially retired. All the best in your future gaming and real life careers :)
 MaJoR_Kd

2030 (65%)

PreviousNext

Return to Death Match