Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Members (23)
»  Fall
Guests (97)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

How some players are so fast?

Hang out and relax, everyday discussions, chit-chat, off-topic, wololo
Advertisement from Google 

How some players are so fast?

Postby  _5_ » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

This post's main question is - How some players are so fast?

Side notes- I saw slam stream once, and also MBL streams regularly and I am amazed to find how fast they are. To make it clear I am not correlating faster speed with better players. I see other players streaming who are equally good but not fast than lets say slam(just taking an example). I can understand that with experience and understanding of games the speed comes naturally.

Which brings me to the other point - Is there something that can be done to increase your playing speed? Again not saying you will get better with speed(although there must be a small correlation ), just a curiosity that needs to be quenched.

Thanks!
Posted from my calculator
 _5_

1644 (100%)

Re: How some players are so fast?

Postby  8th wonder » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:56 pm

know all ur hks and be able to press them without lookin on keybaord, should fix ur speed issues
[01:15]<TOAO_Nai@SpectatorChat> wonder im pregnant and its yours

Lojzanek: lojza worst teammate ever

20:27] [ByT]Locka says:
u know u always have a fun time with me

[21:09] ashleylynn says:
i am the worst woman ever
[21:09] ashleylynn says:
i suck at cleaning
 8th wonder
Top Player

2002 (57%)

Postby  Shmolagin » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:57 pm

08 Jan 2016, 20:53 GMT » _5_ wrote:
Which brings me to the other point - Is there something that can be done to increase your playing speed? Again not saying you will get better with speed(although there must be a small correlation ), just a curiosity that needs to be quenched.

If you already have efficient hotkeys set up then all there is to it is practice.
SezualHealing : do you guys watch in theater mode or full screen mode
Shmolagin : theater + f11
Hearttt_ : @Shmolagin , omg marry me
Hearttt_ : this is the dream
Hearttt_ : I always thought I had to choose between trolling and full screen
Hearttt_ : my life has changed BibleThump
 Shmolagin

1623 (49%)

Postby  _5_ » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Thanks 8th wonder and shmolagin, That's a great point.
 _5_

1644 (100%)

Postby rgeadn » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Its just a mental thing. Once you know your hotkeys and can do everything without thinking about it you get faster by knowing your next action instead of thinking about it. Planning ahead in movements. Just comes with practice.
rgeadn

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  _5_ » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:09 pm

Thanks Richard, What's the general preference of hotkeys for you expert players?
Have you made lots of personal modification from default. I understand once you get used the default hotkeys are as better as with some modifications, OR maybe i am wrong?
I know complete list of modifications can be exhaustive, so if I may ask. Just leave a reply please if you made modifications and you think this one in particular may help others like me.
 _5_

1644 (100%)

Postby  SiFly » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:21 pm

I think most use something close to the standard hotkeys, they learned to play like this so they keep them. This setup is not really logical and can be tough to learn

If you still have to learn them, you can modify them to make it more logical and easier to reach, the standard hotkeys from HD are for example already easier to remember. In the end it always comes down to just getting the muscle memory for it.

A second thing about speed, is not purely being able to play fast. It is knowing what you can do at certain times. As a newer player you most likely often get lost and don't know what to do(atleast I do). While if you have a set plan, including which keys you have to press, and which ctrl groups to maketo make, you most likely can play a lot faster
 SiFly

Postby  VODKA_L_ » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:24 pm

i had this question long time ago too, and i tried to aquire speed in multiple ways, the best ways as wonder said is to know better your hotkeys and press them without looking at keyboard,then practise its crucialand Streams helped me a lot too(old viper streams)but then i realized that speed only helps you but doesn't make u a great player.

p.s(the better thing u can do to become faster is playng a lot 111 like all games)
 VODKA_L_

1964 (51%)

Postby  Fall » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:31 pm

Get involved with as many aoczone dramas as possible so you can touch type at 130wpm.

(Serious note - it's just muscle memory for your hotkeys and then being comfortable with your keyboard to accurately and quickly hit everything)
Last edited by  Fall on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
01:09:40 [TIC]darvoi: i will land my island
 Fall

1936 (55%)

Postby  LetsImprove_ » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:32 pm

hotkeys, practice, knowing what to do and lil bit of spam 11
 LetsImprove_

1782 (44%)

Next

Return to Community Café