Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

 ForumsSearch »

 SY Nations Cup 2017

 Escape Gaming

 AoC Recorded Games

 AoE2HD Recorded Games

 AoFE Recorded Games

 Major Past Tournaments

 Auto downloadedFind »

 Users currently online
Members (45)
»  ebbu
»  Poxo
»  serv
»  Tiger
»  Zoso
Guests (156)

 AoC Clans Add yours »

 Links

 Ads

Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Hang out and relax, everyday discussions, chit-chat, off-topic, wololo
Advertisement from Google 
 

Re: Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Postby  SethGecko » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:37 pm

I like how _InDuS__novice was able to reanimate this discussion by simply posting a dot.
 SethGecko
 
Posts: 28
Joined: May 28, 2014
 
 

Re: Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Postby  IvIaximus » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:15 pm

  01 Aug 2017, 00:47 GMT » Rayne wrote:
Even though I can't see myself as a muslim, I will always have tremendous respect for them. When a religion produces people like that, there is no way it can be called bad for the world. If anything, the rest of the world can learn something great from them, and discard the radical side which is sadly seen the most.

Yea that religion also produces people like this https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/25/two-men-appear-old-bailey-murder-london-teenager-celine-dookhran. Nothing but respect. Let's "discard" those who does not fit in "religion of peace" description.
Honor killing in London...
FFS retarded arguments
Emin:
Not going to write one page down to explain how nonsense evolution is. lol
-----------------
We are proud of our history and we are proud of Ottoman Empire. So I see nothing wrong with becoming a new Ottoman Empire.
-----------------
[19:44] [sT]Ve6a says:
are u daut?
 IvIaximus
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: May 16, 2010
Age: 26
 

Re: Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Postby  Rayne » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:23 am

Never dismissed fanaticism (refer to my first paragraph), but you did just cherry pick (and don't mean to be rude, but missed/didn't care about some context) my post Maximus. A 'few' bad apples do seem to spoil the entire bunch. Some people can be pessimists or optimists etc. And to be quite blunt, countless people seem to be attracted to the former.

The whole point of my post was that any religion can create some of the sweetest and devout people around but you don't meet them much. My respect goes to those because its rare.

Anyway, I am not really interested in getting into something I believe we all know isn't going to get anywhere (43 pages so far says enough).
[14:10]<moremore> nicov playin leblanc account?
[14:10]<moremore> look so noob

[00:50]<[_SY_]Yo__> alex u are till too young too naive to understand that
00:05:09 [_SY_]Yo__: wall ur mama
 Rayne
Top Player
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Jul 06, 2010
 

Re: Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Postby  IvIaximus » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:54 am

Sorry for being aggresive in first post but this "soft" approach from many good willed people and medias and politicans is just stupidity that will lead to civil war in Europe and eventually to world war. All of this because some people are "discarding" bad and focus and what is good.
I did exactly what u did. Cherrypicking you say. You can not cherrypick good example but leave out bad ones. And do you realize that there are thousands radicals in Europe alone where muslim population is just minority. Even those who are considered "non-radical" do stuff like splashing acid to face which is normal behaviour to them. Now go check criminal statistics in last few years from western european countries and come tell me it is cherrypicking again.
If you are believing man, fine go on, it is your choice and I consider it rational even. But if you push your "agenda" (meaning religion) on someone else you are just idiot that need to be put in place. If someone really is believing man why would he need church? (as a place and as a institution)
Emin:
Not going to write one page down to explain how nonsense evolution is. lol
-----------------
We are proud of our history and we are proud of Ottoman Empire. So I see nothing wrong with becoming a new Ottoman Empire.
-----------------
[19:44] [sT]Ve6a says:
are u daut?
 IvIaximus
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: May 16, 2010
Age: 26
 

Re: Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Postby  Rayne » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:33 pm

If it doesn't seem like I am being conceited here, I am only replying again (as I genuinely wasn't going to) to acknowledge that you said sorry, even though I don't believe you needed to say that. I am not sure if you ever considered us friends if you remember 7 or so years back -- acquaintances is perhaps appropriate. You saying sorry took me by surprise, so wasn't sure if that was a reason (or was it like a figure of speech?). And I am not looking to start anything with you, but I would also say it seemed a bit contradicting when you did say shortly after that my soft approach is stupidity. It is all cool though.

What I would also say on a last note though, seeing as how I am posting again, is that we aren't in positions of authority or ruling a nation where our actions, inaction, thoughts, and etc would affect numerous lives. Some of the words you used seemed on-par with that. The day I am in one of those positions is when I would carefully evaluate my views.

And I did acknowledge the bad examples by opening with the fact that Islam has more fanatics than any other religion. But I also admit that I was doing the same as you. Its better to be this way unless in a position of power imo, because with the way some have been in this topic would make me want to distance myself as much as possible from them from personally knowing too many people like that.

One final thing I was curious about though if you are willing to indulge me, was what you meant by, "If someone really is believing man why would he need church?"
[14:10]<moremore> nicov playin leblanc account?
[14:10]<moremore> look so noob

[00:50]<[_SY_]Yo__> alex u are till too young too naive to understand that
00:05:09 [_SY_]Yo__: wall ur mama
 Rayne
Top Player
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Jul 06, 2010
 
Advertisement from Google 
 

Re: Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Postby  IvIaximus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:55 am

When I woke up next day and I read my post it seemed a little too aggressive so I apologized and I meant it. I am hot tempered person. People here use a lot swears it is nothing against you personally.

I had written long respond by my pc crushed and I am too lazy to write it again so I leave it be though I will answer to this:
  02 Aug 2017, 11:33 GMT » Rayne wrote:
One final thing I was curious about though if you are willing to indulge me, was what you meant by, "If someone really is believing man why would he need church?"

What I meant is: why people who believe in god do need/support existence of church as institution. Why people need priests or imams or any other person to tell them how to live their life? Is not belief something that should be in you personally, something to keep inwards instead of expressing it outwards and forcing other to do same as you do? It is of course rhetorical question. In my opinion, if you someone needs some kind of holy book or priest to tell them how to live, they failed as human already.
Emin:
Not going to write one page down to explain how nonsense evolution is. lol
-----------------
We are proud of our history and we are proud of Ottoman Empire. So I see nothing wrong with becoming a new Ottoman Empire.
-----------------
[19:44] [sT]Ve6a says:
are u daut?
 IvIaximus
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: May 16, 2010
Age: 26
 

Re: Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Postby  Sieter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:49 am

the tru is what i said before. quran is a book from devil. And u see the diffrence bettwen what said Jesus and Mahomet.
Jesus said love ur eneymys, Mahomet said kill them. I know many many muslims, some of them are my friends, and they interpretate quran totaly diffrent then al-kaida or isis. They are really nice and justice people. But most of them are radicals, they will kill u if said something bad about allah or islam. Thats the roblem with islam u can interpretate this book in many diffrent options.. In the future Europe will be islamic continent, not so long mayby we will still be alive and see the how union of europe will go down. i was in france like 7 years, whats i saw, theres a many young muslim 30-40 years, but more when i was in shool. And again the diffrence was in class. In 15 years old there was 60-70% black and muslims, but in 10 old years clas from 30 kids, 3 or 4 was white... thats why we losse this batlle. They dont need use army and atacck europe, they are europian, and more orginal white people die and die every day more and more, and every day we have more and more muslims kids. In future they ae just choose president in france, germany... and they will be no more europian laws, sharia will come. History perfectly show how it was in past. in usa with indians, with aborygens in australia and many many more. Thats why khhadafi have right when he said: we dont need guns, swords and wars, 50 milions muslims in europe will change europe to islamic state Sad but tru.
Dreams boyfriend
User avatar
 Sieter
Warning Level 1
 
Posts: 2831
Joined: Jan 10, 2010
 1809 (51%)
 

Re: Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Postby  gerry » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:37 am

This Maximus dweeb should keep his low IQ out of deep and meaningful topics.He gets all hotheaded and aggressive because he cant articulate his position properly.

No surprise he thinks we were evolved from apes.His commie country has that shit rammed down their throats from a young age.in my eyes radical atheism is just as horseshit as radical Islam.
 gerry
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sep 01, 2009
 

Re: Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Postby  Jineapple » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:41 am

  04 Aug 2017, 00:37 GMT » gerry wrote:
This Maximus dweeb should keep his low IQ out of deep and meaningful topics.He gets all hotheaded and aggressive because he cant articulate his position properly.

No surprise he thinks we were evolved from apes.His commie country has that shit rammed down their throats from a young age.in my eyes radical atheism is just as horseshit as radical Islam.


Accepting scientific fact is radical now? Very curious. Also note that "We evolved from apes" when taken literally is wrong (depending on your definition of ape) - We share a common ancestor with modern apes, but we didn't evolve from them. Gorillas, Bonobos, etc. are "brothers" and "sisters", not "parents" (of course not literally).
AoC/AK Cheat sheet (*all* attack bonuses, unit stats, civ bonuses&techs!):
http://aoe2sheet.info
PDFs for printing: http://download.aoe2sheet.info
Share, correct, comment!
 Jineapple
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: Wonderful criticism of Islam by my friend John Mendl.

Postby  gerry » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:51 am

  04 Aug 2017, 06:41 GMT » Jineapple wrote:
  04 Aug 2017, 00:37 GMT » gerry wrote:
This Maximus dweeb should keep his low IQ out of deep and meaningful topics.He gets all hotheaded and aggressive because he cant articulate his position properly.

No surprise he thinks we were evolved from apes.His commie country has that shit rammed down their throats from a young age.in my eyes radical atheism is just as horseshit as radical Islam.


Accepting scientific fact is radical now? Very curious. Also note that "We evolved from apes" when taken literally is wrong (depending on your definition of ape) - We share a common ancestor with modern apes, but we didn't evolve from them. Gorillas, Bonobos, etc. are "brothers" and "sisters", not "parents" (of course not literally).


its not scientific fact.Its been debated since Darwin first introduced the idea.Its a theory.If you are quite happy to regard yourself on the same level as a monkey,be my guest.Quite clearly man is far superior.Its genetically impossible for an apes brain to evolve into a humans.
 gerry
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sep 01, 2009
 
 
PreviousNext

Return to Community Café

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Legend: Global moderators, News posters, Tournament moderators