Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

Badlands Masters

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Members (38)
»  BruZi
»  HJFE
»  Rumpi
»  Yacal
Guests (134)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

List of missing expert players

Hang out and relax, everyday discussions, chit-chat, off-topic, wololo
Advertisement from Google 

List of missing expert players

Postby  SethGecko » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:56 pm

I'd like to discuss top expert players (>2.3k RM 1v1) who (possibly) left for good during the Voobly era of AoE.
The goal is to determine the likelihood of a player coming back to the competitive scene.

Data source: List of Highest 1v1 Rating Reached (great list, man!).

UPDATED (16.03.17): Air_Abu_, Wrath, Miss_Xue, Yo, Hera, Ding, LoveCheng, Paladin

Last Tournament: 2015

- (germany) JorDan_23 (1v1 RM: 2546)
    The list starts off with a legend, and probably the biggest loss to the competitive AoE scene on this list.
    He made his final appearance in the WSVG and War is Coming tournaments in 2015, and actually announced his upcoming breakup with AoE during (or even before) participating in the WSVG tournament. As main reason for leaving, he stated focusing on his upcoming occupation and family. In 2016, Jordan made a guest appearance on one of TheViper's shows, playing a couple of 2v2s like in the old times. Other than that, there is probably no chance of him coming back again ever.
    Recommended watching: BO21 TheViper vs JorDan_23
    Verdict: Left for good.

- (usa) (bosnia) Hasan (_Raiden_) (1v1 RM: 2413)
    2015's Poisn’s Nomadness probably was his last participation in any tournament. None of his accounts show games played in 2016.
    Verdict: Comeback is unlikely.

- (china) Air_Abu_ (1v1 RM: 2349)
    Made his last appearance in 2015's War is Coming tournament. Other than that, I don't see any games played since 2016.
    [Update 16.03.16] Like JorDan_23, Abu had to quit AoE to be able to fully focus on work and family. A comeback other than having a guest appearance or random game every now and then seems highly unlikely. (thx @Huehuecoyotl22)
    Verdict: Left for good.

- (brazil) _WraTh_ (1v1 RM: 2317)
    Top expert from the old days. Last appearance was in 2015's WSVG tournament where he beat the top experts Nicov and F1Re on his way to the Showdown Stage in which he put up a good fight against superstar JorDan_23.
    None of his known Voobly accounts show games played in 2016.
    Recommended watching: WSVG BO7 JorDan_23 vs Wrath
    Verdict: Comeback is unlikely.

- (china) Miss_Xue (NO_23, qishaoye) (1v1 RM: 2307)
    His last tournament participation dates back to War is Coming in 2015. As of 2017, he is still playing games on Voobly using his qishaoye account. Another tournament participation seems possible if it is a team tournament featuring Chinese teams. He didn't participate in 2016's editions of the Clan Masters though.
    [Update 16.03.16] Besides playing actively on Voobly, Miss_Xue is participating in recent China-only tournaments like Who Will Take Over The World? (thx @nimanoe). It therefore seems likely to see him again in international TG tournaments.
    Verdict: Is likely to come back (TG tournament).

Last Tournament: 2016

- (china) Yo (1v1 RM: 2594)
    No worries, his last games on Voobly date back to December 2016. I am wondering though, why hasn't he participated in any of the top level tournaments in 2017 (I'm sure he has been invited)? Is he busy playing China-only events recently?
    [Update 16.03.16] Like Miss_Xue, Mr. Yo has participated in recent China-only tournaments (Who Will Take Over The World?). Other than that, he's currently wasting time on other games according to Huehuecoyotl22. I'm sure he'll be back for major international tournaments (be it 1v1 or TG). (thx @nimanoe + @Huehuecoyotl22)
    Verdict: Will come back.

- (canada) Chris (1v1 RM: 2514)
    Right next to JorDan_23, a top expert who has been playing AoE on a legendary level for years. He still participated in 2016's Clan Masters: Invited Teams and the Arabia 1v1 Invitational. His most recent Voobly games, on accounts known to the given data source, date back to September 2016 though. I hope his break from AoE is temporary and he will come back to the competitive scene soon.
    Verdict: Don't know what happened. Hope he'll be back soon.

- (canada) Hera (1v1 RM: 2447)
    Well known for his 1v1-Ara-Huns skill and his young age, he quickly rose to the top of the 1v1-RM ladder. As quick as he appeared, he disappeared as well, sadly. During the 1v1 Arabia Invitational in 2016, he suddenly quit AoE. I don't remember if he stated any reasons? Maybe some time he'll come back as unexpected and sudden as he quit?
    [Update 16.03.16] Apparently, a couple of days ago, Hera mentioned in a thread on this forum (link?) he's currently focusing on LoL instead of AoE. (thx @Clemensor)
    Verdict: Comeback is possible but unlikely.

- (hong kong) Ding (poZ_Tammy) (1v1 RM: 2393)
    Like Chris, Ding hasn't played games on Voobly since September 2016. His last tournament appearance was in 2016's Clan Masters: The Final Showdown. I see other poZ members not playing anymore, too. Does anybody know if this is only a temporary break? Also, his highest achieved 1v1-rate is pretty high, I don't remember him playing many 1v1 tournaments though...
    [Update 16.03.16] (thx @edie)
      16 Mar 2017, 06:55 GMT » poZ_edie wrote:
    Unless really big tournament wic style, ding or other pozer wont come back, and to be honest even big tournament they might back but not train at all. I for exemple invited ding to play the 2v2 arena tournament with me, but he said has no time to play it or train aoc, and didnt feel playing.

Verdict: Left for good (only little chance of participation in major TG tournament with poZ).

- (china) LoveCheng (Yinghua) (1v1 RM: 2324)
    Contrary to Yo, LoveCheng has been playing games on Voobly in 2017. Nevertheless, he hasn't participated in any of 2017's tournaments yet. Maybe for the same reason as Yo? Are lag issues in AoEHD hindering them from participating in tournaments?
    [Update 16.03.16] Like Miss_Xue and Mr. Yo, LoveCheng has participated in recent China-only tournaments (Who Will Take Over The World?). (thx @nimanoe + @Huehuecoyotl22)

- (brazil) FeAge (1v1 RM: 2321)
    Well known for stealing boars and defeating TheViper when nobody expects it. Although he has been playing games on Voobly in 2017, he hasn't participated in any tournament yet. I wonder why?
    Recommended watching: Polaris BO9 TheViper vs FeAge

- (china) Paladin (Fengxin) (1v1 RM: 2300)
    Well known for his ability to lead teams. Like the players mentioned before, he too has played games on Voobly in 2017. I don't remember him being a regular in 1v1 tournaments, but I'm sure he'll be leading SY in the next clan tournament.
    [Update 16.03.16] Like the other Chinese top experts mentioned before, Paladin has participated in recent China-only tournaments (Who Will Take Over The World?). (thx @nimanoe + @Huehuecoyotl22)
    Verdict: Will come back (TG tournament).

As you can see, the list is lacking some insight... care to clear my view?
Last edited by  SethGecko on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 SethGecko

Re: List of missing expert players

Postby  nimanoe » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:00 am

paladin, lovecheng, miss_xue and yo are still playing on voobly china, for example here, not sure about abu
LEO CLAN IS BEST CLAN
 nimanoe

1498 (45%)

Postby  Huehuecoyotl22 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:05 am

LoveCheng and Paladin play regularly on Voobly China, Mr. Yo currently plays other games, but participates in tournaments. Air_Abu_ plays (on Voobly China) like 1-2 times per year and will probably never get to competitive level again due to work and family. Miss Xue could be good enough for China C or similar, I think, but I don't know if he wants to play much in tournaments.
So, apart from Abu, they will all be in the next Nations Cup and domestic tournaments.
I think Chris will come back some day, Hera maybe, FeAge probably not competitively. Hasan, Ding and WraTh, I have no idea if they want to.
 Huehuecoyotl22
Gameposter Master

Postby  CJ92 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:11 am

I miss Hasan. Please come back dude.

PoZ seemed to have completely stopped playing prior to the last big team game tournament, so I guess they came back for that but didn't stick around. Sad. :(

Was Wrath's last tournament not WSVG? He did really well in that before a titanic when 3-0 up against Jordan, if I recall correctly.
 CJ92

Postby  Clemensor » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:20 am

Hera was in some aoczone thread a few days ago stating, that he is mostly playing League now.
 Clemensor

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  squeak » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:43 am

WHERE MY NIGLET PRIEST AT
00:48:40 Sobek_: sec
00:48:40 Sobek_: earthquake

bobdebuilder says:
squeak shut the **** up noob btw
bobdebuilder says:
U monoz and metal are worst rertards on voobly
 squeak

1918 (48%)

Postby  chavster » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:32 am

15 Mar 2017, 23:43 GMT » squeak wrote:
WHERE MY NIGLET PRIEST AT

prison apparently
_Ra_: if we let go of 2 turtles
_Ra_: and left alive to take care of them
_Ra_: they will both get away
 chavster

Postby  bulletchen » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:54 am

Jose Preto is missing
 bulletchen

1808 (50%)

Postby  paroofex » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:38 am

Cyclops, Che, Ruso, 2s, PeEl, here_I_am
 paroofex

Postby  poZ_edie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:55 am

Unless really big tournament wic style, ding or other pozer wont come back, and to be honest even big tournament they might back but not train at all. I for exemple invited ding to play the 2v2 arena tournament with me, but he said has no time to play it or train aoc, and didnt feel playing.
[20:00] [Frantic]SOBIGDIAO says:
U KING

[14:21] poZ_edie says:
do u have facebook?
[14:21] poZ_Tammy says:
i dont play this game ..
 poZ_edie
Top 1v1 player

2246 (56%)

Next

Return to Community Café