Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Members (34)
»  [x]
»  GriN
»  Hico
»  Miral
»  mma96
»  Rumpi
»  tresu
Guests (139)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

Is Impossible for a Inca player to win againts an Aztec play

Take part in AoFE discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Is Impossible for a Inca player to win againts an Aztec play

Postby  Lunatrap » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:19 pm

I play the forgotten from the HD edition just so you know

i have come to big struggles with the aztecs, the combination of Monk + Siege or Monk + Pikes or Monk + Eagle Warrior is SO! hard to counter, in my opinion Aztec monks should not have block printing, so they are counterable with foot archers

but the good way to counter for a Magyar/Mongol/Hun player is Cavarly Archers(Mangudai) + Light Cavarly(Magyar Huzsar) to counter monks + all of the combination above (is harder for the Eagle Warrior + Monk) but from cheapness of Light Cavarly is possible to win, but how will a Inca win againts a Aztec?

their monks are inferior, their eagles warrior are the worst of the mesoamerican civs, and the kamayuk is worthless since there is not cavarly, so the inca player is shit out of luck? the only possible combination is slinger + eagle warrior

the slinger helps for the pikes and ealgle warriors, and the (inferior but neccesary) eagle warriors will get to the monks fast, thats my only solution, wich i must say suck for the incas, they got the short end of the stick

in my opinion, Incas should get Garland Wars, not the aztecs, it sucks! they are too OP
 Lunatrap

Re: Is Impossible for a Inca player to win againts an Aztec

Postby  SouFire » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:23 pm

If you get incas drush+trush and you can become 2k in few days in the HD platform.
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Postby  Sky95 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:36 pm

28 Sep 2015, 15:19 GMT » Lunatrap wrote:
i have come to big struggles with the aztecs, the combination of Monk + Siege or Monk + Pikes or Monk + Eagle Warrior is SO! hard to counter, in my opinion Aztec monks should not have block printing, so they are counterable with foot archersP

This sounds good tbh
<[TyRanT]RD_ChampioN would like to be your friend. Anfrage akzeptieren>
 Sky95

1602 (51%)

Postby  Coffee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:34 pm

Sounds like you are talking about imperial age fighting? I see the monk + siege/pike enough in the castle age, but pretty rare I've come across it in HD when the imperial age hits. I only use monks in imperial when there are beefy units to grab like paladins and elephants. Otherwise imperial age ecos/armies should be able to make enough units to over whelm monks in most cases. If you are talking about castle age take advantage of the cheaper stone cost for inca buildings and get a castle up early. managols behind the castle to kill rams at the base of it. You can even palaside the managols to keep eagles off them. I always prefer AoF games to the classic HD but only have about 15-30 games with each new civ. I think Inca's best army is Kamayuk/Slinger/Onager. mix in a few champions if they are heavy on eagles. I guess you are talking about 1v1? I'm 99 percent TG's so it's not a common scenario for me.

Soul does have a good point though, tower rush would be a good way to put the pressure on them so you won't be facing a monk siege FC. Again keeping in mind, Inca buildings cost less stone. Good scouting also is imperative(in any game). Finding out what your enemy is doing before the army is at your base will save you so much.
 Coffee

Postby  Tarzan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:25 pm

I couldn't hold myself googling "lunatrap" on Google... After clicking on the first link, I now need to clean my browser history before my gf comes by. I warned you!
 Tarzan

1521 (45%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Sky95 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:30 pm

29 Sep 2015, 18:25 GMT » Tarzan wrote:
I couldn't hold myself googling "lunatrap" on Google... After clicking on the first link, I now need to clean my browser history before my gf comes by. I warned you!

Sky95

1602 (51%)

Postby  go_full_petard » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:11 pm

There are some pretty weird balance choices in FE. Generally it seems the balance is worse than AoC.
much click is sux than few click
 go_full_petard

Postby  Richard » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:21 am

29 Sep 2015, 20:11 GMT » go_full_petard wrote:
There are some pretty weird balance choices in FE. Generally it seems the balance is worse than AoC.

It might be off topic here, but can you elaborate this a bit? We are working on improving the balance, so feedback is always welcome.
 Richard
AoFE developer

1627 (50%)

Postby  xThomas » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:35 am

Disclaimer: I do not play The Forgotten.

What map you are playing? Incas start with a free llama and their houses hold double population, which gives your economy possibly better compared to Aztecs. You can afford both a tower and a tc with your starting stone. So your early game is good.

The slinger is a counter to elite Eagles, even though it needs a castle you can train it from archery ranges, and your castles cheaper to help you make slingers.. You should be able to just out boom Aztecs.

Q: Do slingers still get a bonus vs siege? I heard it was removed but not sure. Anyway, I thought slingers beat elite Eagles...

Monks should be stopped by making towers or castles and garrisoning. So your main problem is enemy siege, but your eagle warriors are faster to reach mangonels, and Rams are actually pretty easy to fight with your own siege.

If Aztecs make archer skirms, you might lose because of Atlatls. Do skirmishers and arbs beat slingers? Not sure if slingers are an archer unit or not

Kamayuk is meant to be massed, because he has 1 range so 1v1 he loses, but he wins when numbers are bigger even vs champions... Maybe. Aztec champions are special but you have slingers which are more special :D
 xThomas

1322 (15%)

Postby  Sky95 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:54 pm

30 Sep 2015, 09:21 GMT » Richard wrote:
  29 Sep 2015, 20:11 GMT » go_full_petard wrote:

It might be off topic here, but can you elaborate this a bit? We are working on improving the balance, so feedback is always welcome.

I'm not him, but I really think you should give aztecs loom back. they simply suck now.
Also cows having 40 more food confuses me, as I see no specific reason behind it (no critism, but I would really like that fact explained, that you sometimes simply get 8x40 food more)... is it, so britons have a stronger dark age? If so, why just sometimes and 2 out of 3 times you still get only 100 food? :?
 Sky95

1602 (51%)

Next

Return to General AoFE Discussion