Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

Badlands Masters

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Staff (1)
Members (37)
»  Alvik
»  brnzi
»  htc
»  lkhby
»  Manu
»  mazq
Guests (116)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

Official campaign feedback

Take part in AoFE discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Re: Official campaign feedback

Postby  caepe » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:05 pm

I felt a little lack of more details on the instructions on 2. Legionnaires on the horizon!

At some part it only says 'destroy the main tent in camp' but doesn't specify from whom, so i destroyed everything on the map before going to the right one! So I ended up doing this one kinda backwards :S
D'oh!
 caepe

1912 (69%)

Postby  Caelir » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:13 am

Haha :D

Well, the instruction is pretty general, but you have scouted for information and one hint was: there is a Roman Rendez-vous camp to the west. Upon which Alaric replies: men, we destroy THAT camp.

But yeah, it may not be bad to put it in there as well.
 Caelir
AoFE developer

Postby  Jaydev » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Is it supposed to be in one bar titled 'Alaric'?
Please mention credits for the voice actors.The pikeman is obviously Zeroempires but please mention everyones' names in the history write up.
All others are fine,I think(haven't played through yet since exams are close).
 Jaydev

Postby  Caelir » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 pm

Everybody (except one) is already credited ;) though not specifically for the voices.
 Caelir
AoFE developer

Postby  Jaydev » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:37 am

Yes but still its great to know.I'm aware that a lot of the voices in current and future campaigns are/may be those of the team members but if I recall very few members of the team have interacted through video(or audo for that matter) with the community.We haven't seen barely anyone in the team.Very few members were seen through state of the empire episodes and interviews.Maybe an AOFE dev credits topic soon?
 Jaydev

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Caelir » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:56 am

There is a bios section on our website (http://www.forgottenempires.net/bios). Or are you looking for something else?
 Caelir
AoFE developer

Postby  Mercy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:33 pm

I just finished the second Alaric campain and enjoyed it, but I have some comments. It was too easy because the enemies had no Villagers and didn't attack. I could boom and train a bigger army than the Romans without the enemies even trying to prevent me from doing this. Also, the Roman army came after I destroyed the camp. So the best strategy is to boom and make sure your army is big enough to finish the camp and the Roman army, and attack only then. This is not the most enjoyable strategy because you won't have any trouble with this and it doesn't matter how fast you build up. There are two possible changes that would improve gameplay:
- The Romans in the camp should get Villagers;
- The Roman army should come after a predetermined time. Your objective is to defeat the camp before the Roman army arrives and after that defeating the Roman Army.
Further: I defeated the Roman army by building Palisade Walls for the bridge and a Castle behind it. They didn't even try to attack the wall and all died because of the arrowfire.
Also: The trees and such looked beautiful, but were irritating because they reduced building space a lot.
 Mercy

Postby  Cheesefalcon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:56 pm

For the last mission I suggest banning cartography, and lower the pop cap. This is so the player won't max his limit and win in one go. Also seeing all of Rome is almost cheaty being able to openly see the legions. And for the mission where you destroy the fort it would be more of a challenge if the pop was at a maximum of 150 so, again, you can't win in one big swarm. I would personally say that it would also be neat on the third mission to remove Imperial age tech.

Besides the population ideas, the campaigns are really cool, and really detailed. Thank you for making such an intro it piece of work for AoE fans.
 Cheesefalcon

Postby  Caelir » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:59 pm

I hear you all on the difficulty. I look into the matter to introduce some triggers that are activated on harder difficulties, like pop cap, more enemy units, more hostile defensive structures, etc ;)
 Caelir
AoFE developer

Postby  caepe » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:10 pm

20 Feb 2013, 11:33 GMT » Mercy wrote:
I
Also: The trees and such looked beautiful, but were irritating because they reduced building space a lot.

Totally agreed.
And also my units just got confused because the trees were everywhere.
 caepe

1912 (69%)

PreviousNext

Return to General AoFE Discussion