Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Staff (3)
»  robo
Members (49)
»  ebbu
»  goron
»  Haga_
»  mazq
»  mma96
»  Poxo
»  Rumpi
»  SiFly
»  Zoso
Guests (162)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

The Vipers 24 Hour Stream

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Re: The Vipers 24 Hour Stream

Postby  Nicov » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:29 am

I remember seeing a bunch of pages in every top players match up recorded games during clash of the titans tournament as well as in other important tournaments. Also every uploaded rec used to have a lot of downloads. Now it's just like... meh. No one comments nor download them that much anymore. The last tournament that had some hype in aoczone was master of arabia invitational.... and don't remember if there is something else.

But besides the trolls (which should be banned permanently but for some reason the aoczone staff gives them a lot of chances even though, if It was for me, i'd get all of them banned right now) I think that we have had an excessive amount of tournaments, 50 recorded games uploaded everyday, challenges and blablabla that we kinda stopped appreciating them because it has become very monotonous and people got bored of it and just prefers to take a look at some streams time by time or play/spect some casual games in voobly.
[17:58] [_SY_]Yo__ says:
hey ur mom flying on the sky check it out

[03:56] [_SY_]Yo__ says:
[13:34] TheByeByeMan says: tell me if ur up for 1v1

[03:57] [_SY_]Yo__ says:
i am pretending afk
 Nicov
Top 1v1 player

2098 (59%)

Postby  OneMillion » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:29 am

I think the Clann Masters had some hype here - Nadya's Boys almost catching Tyrant and SY with their trousers down, Devil's Justice reaching the semifinals, SY's loss to VNS and their eventual victory over Tyrant. I suppose you could say the recorded games threads would have been discussed more thoroughly a few years ago.

Now that I look at it again, the first few of those barely got any discussion while everyone went into overdrive when SY were beaten. That's quite striking, in the light of day.
 OneMillion

Postby  sweetjones » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:48 am

01 Mar 2017, 00:29 GMT » Nicov wrote:
But besides the trolls (which should be banned permanently but for some reason the aoczone staff gives them a lot of chances even though, if It was for me, i'd get all of them banned right now)

i was trolled by this comment
 sweetjones

Postby  Influenza » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:51 am

Why would we even expect there to be much discussion/downloads on aoczone with regards to casual recs/tournament recs? Today anyone can see a live stream of an expert playing or a past broadcast whenever they want. Today they can spec games live on voobly whenever they want. Therefore there's little demand to download expert recs on aoczone because the market is already saturated with options most people find more convenient.

I remember the suspense of clicking on the topic "RVK vs TyRanT" at the end of WCL7 and revealing the spoiler/watching the recs. There's no suspense in that regard on aoczone anymore as I would already know the results of such a huge matchup while the games were being played live. Such discussion on aoczone thrived when streaming was in its infancy and spectating games could only be done with a coop. Now all that's really left to discuss is tournament settings, unexpected results, and admin decisions. Or drama. :mrgreen:
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Postby  SouFire » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:37 am

Certainly there was more activity on forums when there was no stream activity like today, there was a breakdown with the rules of posting recs and streaming, if you wanted to see ur fav players POV you had to wait days even weeks till they get posted...or watch the game in the voobly channel even when there was a random guys casting them and losing all the action, for me that killed the hype and i don't longer download any rec game, all the actions and emotions happens now during the stream.

The discussions about games have disappeared, the recorded games from any tournament should always be played at VCOM tournament lobby and stay available to anyone to download, but in order to get some extra cash there are now rules about few guys having the rights of stream the recorded games lol even if you don't like them or they are not watching ur fav players pov, using the nasty grid mod, focusing in a vill dying vs a wolf while losing all the action in the middle, that's what happens with most of the voobly tournament nowadays, i don't think im the only one who has lost the hype or interest about some tournaments because of that.

For the old school players watching a recording was like getting into the mind of the player, for those with enough understanding of the game a commentated game will never be the same.
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  robo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:11 am

01 Mar 2017, 04:37 GMT » SouFire wrote:
The discussions about games have disappeared, the recorded games from any tournament should always be played at VCOM tournament lobby and stay available to anyone to download, but in order to get some extra cash there are now rules about few guys having the rights of stream the recorded games

Pretty much every tournament requires the games to be played on some sort of rated ladder, whether that is VCOM, Match Stats, Balance ladder etc.

So I'm not really sure what you're referring to.
 robo

1706 (51%)

Postby  SouFire » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:36 am

^Lately the voobly stream team has disbanded so we don't see that much, but it used to be the way i described it for the important matches.
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Postby  Fall » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:15 am

01 Mar 2017, 00:29 GMT » Nicov wrote:
I remember seeing a bunch of pages in every top players match up recorded games during clash of the titans tournament as well as in other important tournaments. Also every uploaded rec used to have a lot of downloads. Now it's just like... meh. No one comments nor download them that much anymore. The last tournament that had some hype in aoczone was master of arabia invitational.... and don't remember if there is something else.

But besides the trolls (which should be banned permanently but for some reason the aoczone staff gives them a lot of chances even though, if It was for me, i'd get all of them banned right now) I think that we have had an excessive amount of tournaments, 50 recorded games uploaded everyday, challenges and blablabla that we kinda stopped appreciating them because it has become very monotonous and people got bored of it and just prefers to take a look at some streams time by time or play/spect some casual games in voobly.

Clash of the Titans was the high point IMO. The map pack was great, the settings were varied but also based 'in reality' so they matched what people played - there was a point to downloading the recs, watching them and discussing them. If anyone wants to improve at AoC I would still recommend they download and watch all the recs from that tournament. Yellow reaching top 6 with his heavy trush style was awesome, every time Viper, Jordan & Riut played one another was awesome

These tournaments with strange speeds and balance patches and starting halfway through the game are nice every now and again, but no one gives a **** about the recorded games because no one wants to actually play this stuff in day to day AoC. A new player to the game is not going to start with a balance patch, they're going to be overwhelmed with the complexity of the basic game.

It felt like players cared more about the ladder at that time too.

People discuss the recorded games and matches when they care about the recorded games and matches. All the players make it obvious that they couldn't give a **** about ladder - so why should anyone else? That's why you so rarely get any discussion about normal recs.

In CoT it felt like the event mattered to the players - they practised, took it seriously, the scheduling ran smoothly etc. That lets other people get invested and hyped too. Almost every game was exciting. Things have mostly gone downhill since, and it feels like tournament organisers have lost their way - with the exception of Zeroempires, who is absolutely killing it.
01:09:40 [TIC]darvoi: i will land my island
 Fall

1926 (55%)

Postby  ChristheCo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:28 am

I think you should compare downloads with views on for eg. Youtube, the numbers are insane and i think it is much easier to look on a video on youtube then to hardly download it and then watch it through voobly... I think aoc could stay on top if you could watch recorded games through aoczone, but that is just a dream...
I agree its a pitty nobody really practises for tourneys and nobody really cares for points, even i dont care for points and i am 16-17++...
Its like everybody plays just for fun, and the weekend tourneys are really done only for the viewers and for money...
Its mainly single elimination so its mostly luck and you cant count on winning it, and guys like viper still think that they dont need to train, cause they are on top..
VEM_MONSTRO: 1seg finish my milk
L_Clan_Cabron: d!ck milk?
VEM_MONSTRO: yes
VEM_MONSTRO: very good
L_Clan_Cabron: yummy
L_Clan_Cabron: i like it too
L_Clan_Cabron: to much protein

TUR __MbL__ Feudal age time: 00:34:56
 ChristheCo

Postby  SMB360 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:07 pm

01 Mar 2017, 07:36 GMT » SouFire wrote:
^Lately the voobly stream team has disbanded so we don't see that much, but it used to be the way i described it for the important matches.

No, the last Voobly tournament that worked anything like what you describe was the Arabia Invitational 1 year ago whilst Taff was still around. Clan Masters had live exclusivity for 2-3 weeks (only) as well but I don't remember recs being delayed.
 SMB360

1624 (51%)

PreviousNext

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion