Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

Badlands Masters

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Staff (2)
Members (76)
»  Ator
»  Bacan
»  BruZi
»  ExIT
»  htc
»  Ivan_
»  Kaate
»  LB10
»  lkhby
»  Miral
»  mmXy0
»  pedro
»  pexi
»  Poxo
»  Rumpi
»  tresu
»  VVV
Guests (147)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

new hd expansion

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Re: new hd expansion

Postby  OneMillion » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:06 am

Considering Rise of the Rajas was released three months ago, he's not a million miles off the mark.
 OneMillion

Postby  Jupe » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:11 am

15 Mar 2017, 23:13 GMT » Ultrafong wrote:
We've already got the which civs to add debate going on in the steam forums :D Since the expansions have been so successful some really nice work has gone into the game. Keep them coming.

Wait, what? According to your previous posts there were no issues in HD, performance was better than voobly's since 4 years ago and the only few minor bugs were well thought features, kind of like easter eggs.
Im confused now :?
[13:30] [TheJedi]Jupe says:
mennäänkö basilin laneille :D:D:D
[13:31] Rubenstock says:
voishan sitä
mut
en jaksa jakaa nimikirjotuksia kaikille
 Jupe

1879 (48%)

Postby  Coffee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:15 am

17 Mar 2017, 00:11 GMT » Jupe wrote:
  15 Mar 2017, 23:13 GMT » Ultrafong wrote:
We've already got the which civs to add debate going on in the steam forums :D Since the expansions have been so successful some really nice work has gone into the game. Keep them coming.

Wait, what? According to your previous posts there were no issues in HD, performance was better than voobly's since 4 years ago and the only few minor bugs were well thought features, kind of like easter eggs.
Im confused now :?

What kind of shit post is this? Thanks for bringing up three things I've never said though.
Last edited by  Coffee on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
 Coffee

Postby  Coffee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:20 am

17 Mar 2017, 00:06 GMT » OneMillion wrote:
Considering Rise of the Rajas was released three months ago, he's not a million miles off the mark.

You love math right? Since release we should have 47 expansions by that standard. So yeah it's pretty far off. And a steam db change isn't the release, but just the start.
 Coffee

Postby  OneMillion » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:44 am

I can't believe I have to explain this - i_no_english was making a facetious remark about the increasing frequency of downloadable content released on a game that has probably already been stretched to breaking point. You interpreted his comment literally and corrected it, thereby missing the point of his comment entirely. I interjected to point out that at the current rate content is being released, he's not far off the mark (I was also being facetious when I said this). You treated that comment literally as well, and now we're back to square one. I may like maths, but that doesn't mean I'm averse to using figures of speech to get my point across.

Indeed, a database change is not the same as a release, but if it is the flag for a new expansion, it indicates that there very much is a conveyor belt churning out content at a rate that would have been considered unthinkable once upon a time. If it's taken three months to pencil in another new expansion for release, it's hard to believe the developers didn't have another one planned while they were working on the old one. It may not be "a new expansion every month", but it's still a heftily-compressed development cycle for an expansion that started out as a fan-driven mod. Is there even room for another expansion in the first place?
 OneMillion

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  kw1k000000 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:55 am

Guys it's just a branch added to generate hype and for keeping people interested. Consider this, by adding this in March they indicate that a new expansion is being worked on and if it releases in October then how are they far from yearly timeline.

Don't pull out pitchforks for nothing. As much as I hate adding useless civs there are people who are willing to pay for it so money decides.
ImageAll hail, the king of aoc! Image

Tyrant_DauT
 kw1k000000

1649 (55%)

Postby  guitarizt » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Take my money.
Freet0: slam has the collective intellect of twitch chat behind him
 guitarizt

1700 (47%)

Postby  livrodedaniel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:10 pm

I love knowing more civs, but its already hard to understand all strats that those news civs could bring to the game, and PAHHHH more civs. I hope not, i hope that Microsoft wait more, cause if don't, will be clear one thing: Microsoft isn't interested on game evolution, just money, like those Celphone apps games, that all week more features on the game. CS:GO has his same maps and weapons a long of years and just change little things and its one of the biggest game ever. The big thing here is to put on the Microsoft head that Age of empires can be a e-sport, not only a minor game.
 livrodedaniel

Postby  Coffee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:43 pm

Well it seems everyone is allowed to make factitious statements besides myself. Now days you have to write kappa or risk offending?

Anyways:

April 9 2013 - HD released
Nov 7 2013 - Forgotten Empires
Nov 5 2015 - African Kingdoms
Nov 19 2016 - Rise of Rajas
Nov-Dec 2017? - new expansion ?

The only reason I wrote that is because on average they have been releasing one per year. So it seems silly to imply the frequency is increasing.

Happy St. Patties Day all :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
 Coffee

Postby  OneMillion » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Do you not see how you've contradicted yourself in the space of two paragraphs? First you play the "I was just being factitious [sic] too" card, then you defend your claim from a literal standpoint. Either you meant it flippantly, or you did not (and it's clearly the latter).

The fallacy in your timeline is that you have omitted the several years taken to develop Forgotten Empires and HD. If you taken 2011 as your starting point and not double-counted HD, the pattern shrinking turnover time becomes very apparent. Combine that with the release date of Rise of Rajas being the 19th of December not November and Rise of the Rajas being released seven months after its database entry it's no surprise that someone remarked that it's as if they're flogging a new expansion every month now. But of course, anyone who points this out is just getting "offended".
 OneMillion

PreviousNext

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion