Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

Badlands Masters

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Staff (1)
»  robo
Members (33)
»  Hico
»  Jupe
»  LB10
»  Rumpi
»  tresu
»  VanD
Guests (148)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

Beloved AoC - known bugs, issues, limitations, suggestions

Take part in AoC discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Re: Beloved AoC - known bugs, issues, limitations, suggestio

Postby  Gary_ » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:18 pm

I think that would be good to aoc something like "freezetime" as in counter strike. In the beggining, take 3-4 seconds to start the game, so you can see what civ you are in case you went random, you can see your allies if you random too and think your start if you are maya for example! Even, some players have a blackscreen issue at the start, it can be good for them.
Just a idea! kisssssssss
millo is hot
 Gary_
Top TG player

Postby  G1v3D4Sh33pB4ck » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:35 pm

25 Mar 2012, 18:47 GMT » Millo wrote:
  25 Mar 2012, 17:45 GMT » G1v3D4Sh33pB4ck wrote:
oh wow your so smart... :lolno:
GJ revealing a bug that won't be fixed for a few months(til 1.1 or AoFE is released)
Should be epic times on voobly til then :clap:

Excuse me, i didn´t do it for a bad porpouse, i did it to show it can be done easily, there is already a patch that fixes this, so in order to someone take cards in the matter i just showed what it has been showed before, but on a normal game(i don´t even use the bug rather than there).

Then again, if people don´t know about this, they can get tricked easily, but if people do know, now we can even claim for some caritative soul to give us a hand and fix this or make voobly/granger/gamespy or w/e server make patch official :S.

Sorry if you misinterpreted my intention, i consider information for all= better way of getting this things fixed, and fair.

Less information equals to a lil group of ppl aknowledging this taking advantage over the rest.

Hope you can understand my pov. Take care.

Edited top post just in case =/.

I see it. Yes, I over-react some. Just 2 ways of doing things always. I was hoping would not be much hype about the bug and by the time everyone started to know, the 1.1 patch would be out and wouldn't matter.
Anyways, ty for explaining.
[16:55] SlipKn0T_P7aGu3 says:
he sux

[16:56] SlipKn0T_P7aGu3 says:
he played bad when he was good
 G1v3D4Sh33pB4ck

Postby  _InDuS_TauruS_ » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:39 am

The elite plumed archer research shows as plumed archer research..just noticed that in daut vs jordan regicide fortress !
[18:50] CarlosFerdinand says: i accept u are my master

Friendship-
[Show] Spoiler:
[17:44] [InDuS]_TauruS__ says:
why u wanna piss me off?
[17:44] [wW]MaJkL_ says:
cuz u are taurus.. u do that to me too
[17:44] [InDuS]_TauruS__ says:
[17:44] [wW]MaJkL_ says:
thats what friendship means

[18:33] _pRoDiGy__ says: LN sux
 _InDuS_TauruS_

1863 (53%)

Postby  Aron-creazy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:41 am

18 Jan 2011, 02:02 GMT » eueueu3x wrote:
Just order the villager to garrison and it won't happen.

A bug that has to be fixed is that of that screen of tgs, when someone put's wait and the game just don't continue...

i agree
 Aron-creazy

Postby  ImNotRiver » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:05 am

25 Mar 2012, 19:18 GMT » Gary_ wrote:
I think that would be good to aoc something like "freezetime" as in counter strike. In the beggining, take 3-4 seconds to start the game, so you can see what civ you are in case you went random, you can see your allies if you random too and think your start if you are maya for example! Even, some players have a blackscreen issue at the start, it can be good for them.
Just a idea! kisssssssss
millo is hot

+1!
and when i shower i think about u and millo together
"peoples 1v1 rates mean very little in team games , people really under estimate good team work" - L_Clan_Brian
[Show] Spoiler:
http://www.taringa.net/comunidades/serialageofempires/
 ImNotRiver

1826 (54%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Danigc » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 am

25 Mar 2012, 19:18 GMT » Gary_ wrote:
Just a idea! kisssssssss
millo is hot

+1
 Danigc

Postby  Digital_Driver_ » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Why do time and score sometimes disappear at the start of a new game? Is it because you launched AoC on singleplayer before? Same goes with the automatically reset of the pre-game settings...
 Digital_Driver_

Postby  Yllovanea » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:58 am

• Petards sometimes do no damage to a building even though they were ordered directly to attack it
  • Retreating the army that was on a patrol mode causes it to finish its last loop, need to use "stop" before
  • When ordered to attack an enemy unit/building which gets destroyed before the order is through (multiplayer-lagg), the own unit will walk to that position. It'd be better if it stopped and didn't walk there.
  • "Palisade scouting" - being able to see through the fog of war where you can't build because of enemy units. Very annoying on explored BF where you can check if the enemy is on stone.
  • Building foundations revealing fog of war, should also be considered a bug
  • Hill bonus not counting for towers
  • Farms can already be killed once you plan them, even before the villager started building it, which is inconsistent behaviour with other buildings
  • Commands quite frequently get lost and are not executed (Packet-Loss?), very critical for up-clicks, unit movement etc.
  • A villager, when retasked but being attacked after, will try to go back to the old task instead of the new one. Example: while a villager is building a house, you order him to cut wood instead. If on his way to the tree he is hit by an arrow, he will turn back into a builder and try to finish the house
  • TCs can be assigned a target to fire at even when there is no villager garrissoned - they remember this target and shoot at it once you garrisson villagers inside. I know this can be considered consistent behaviour with other defensive buildings, but it's quite annoying in dark age when you shoot your boars/deer cause you accidentally right-clicked them and garrissoned a villager after that
  • When building a wall, it automatically extends to the next edge, which is useful. However it also does that from the first tile on that you clicked onto the opposite direction, which is really unnecessary and annoying as you have to delete those extra wall tiles
  • Trade carts do not show up as "idle" often when your last market gets destroyed/deleted, even though they're just parking around the map
  • Pathfinding is very uncomfortable, sometimes when you order a unit twice to a specific place it will first take one route, then for the second click turn around to go back around the house and take the other way
  • Ressource-finding is bugged for villagers, walking around the entire forest to cut a tree there. It is also bugged for a villager who is trapped inside ressources (berries, trees)
 Yllovanea

Postby  Pontas » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:48 pm

09 Aug 2015, 10:58 GMT » Yllovanea wrote:
  • Petards sometimes do no damage to a building even though they were ordered directly to attack it
  • Retreating the army that was on a patrol mode causes it to finish its last loop, need to use "stop" before
  • When ordered to attack an enemy unit/building which gets destroyed before the order is through (multiplayer-lagg), the own unit will walk to that position. It'd be better if it stopped and didn't walk there.
  • "Palisade scouting" - being able to see through the fog of war where you can't build because of enemy units. Very annoying on explored BF where you can check if the enemy is on stone.
  • Building foundations revealing fog of war, should also be considered a bug
  • Hill bonus not counting for towers
  • Farms can already be killed once you plan them, even before the villager started building it, which is inconsistent behaviour with other buildings
  • Commands quite frequently get lost and are not executed (Packet-Loss?), very critical for up-clicks, unit movement etc.
  • A villager, when retasked but being attacked after, will try to go back to the old task instead of the new one. Example: while a villager is building a house, you order him to cut wood instead. If on his way to the tree he is hit by an arrow, he will turn back into a builder and try to finish the house
  • TCs can be assigned a target to fire at even when there is no villager garrissoned - they remember this target and shoot at it once you garrisson villagers inside. I know this can be considered consistent behaviour with other defensive buildings, but it's quite annoying in dark age when you shoot your boars/deer cause you accidentally right-clicked them and garrissoned a villager after that
  • When building a wall, it automatically extends to the next edge, which is useful. However it also does that from the first tile on that you clicked onto the opposite direction, which is really unnecessary and annoying as you have to delete those extra wall tiles
  • Trade carts do not show up as "idle" often when your last market gets destroyed/deleted, even though they're just parking around the map
  • Pathfinding is very uncomfortable, sometimes when you order a unit twice to a specific place it will first take one route, then for the second click turn around to go back around the house and take the other way
  • Ressource-finding is bugged for villagers, walking around the entire forest to cut a tree there. It is also bugged for a villager who is trapped inside ressources (berries, trees)

Nice list!!
I think it could be fixed without causing any further damages to gameplay!
Agree with all of them!
 Pontas

Postby  SaladEsc » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:12 pm

What about when villagers go back to cut straggler trees? After sending the 2nd villager to wood in dark age, it can get stuck on the edge between the lumber camp and the tree for a few secs and then go back to a straggler tree next to the tc. Not sure what causes this, but it's pretty common.
 SaladEsc

PreviousNext

Return to General AoC Discussion