Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

EGC #1: Strike the Balance

Gladiators of the Arena

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Members (24)
»  Alive
»  BacT
Guests (121)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

GETTING BACK IN SHAPE THIS YEAR

Suggestions for AoCZone website
Advertisement from Google 

GETTING BACK IN SHAPE THIS YEAR

Postby  Aguruchi » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:06 am

Hey, y'all!

I'm looking into getting back in shape this year - committed and serious- would anyone have a good 3 month plan or sth to follow? Both get-shredded + also gain muscle goals.
Basically a diet or/and an exercise plan.
Thought I'd get serious this year and actually stick to whatever I'd promise myself b4 2015 ends! :)
Pretty sure some guys in this community are into this - so I'm counting on you bros!
"I know only one thing. That I know nothing.''
Socrates. 2,5 milleniums ago.
 Aguruchi

Re: GETTING BACK IN SHAPE THIS YEAR

Postby  dogao » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:10 am

gl with your 3 months shape.
 dogao
Expert Player

2520 (72%)

Postby  squeak » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:27 am

I went to the gym yesterday so they don't call me a new year bodybuilder
00:48:40 Sobek_: sec
00:48:40 Sobek_: earthquake

00:21:48 <All>[LoS]miguelzin: my archers shot worse than fire on cs go
 squeak

1936 (48%)

Postby  Man_ate_thee » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:48 am

you have like 1 week left this year.

On more serious note 3 is not enough for anything. 6-9 months and you & the people around you will notice.
I'm not completely sure if you're getting back into shape or a complete newbie but a full body workout for starters would be good, simple 5x5 bench, 5x5 squats, 5x5 dl and 5x5 pull ups + some supporting lifts which hit more specific parts of your body.

For example I did something like this
A = bench, dips, squats, maybe pull ups + maybe some smaller lifts depending on what muscle group you want to hit
B = bench, deadlift, overhead press, pull ups + maybe hit some smaller muscle groups.
x = rest day

AxBxAxBx... and so on.

My "program" isn't too strict, remember to listen to your body and as you make progress you might not want to squat and deadlift twice a week, depending on how much you are into huge thighs.
I never watched my diet too closely, I went for "lift heavy, eat heavy", I just stopped eating and drinking sugar and made sure I get the protein I need. Got me some mass nicely.

Getting ripped is something I never bothered with, that's Feage's territory.
 Man_ate_thee

Postby  i_no_english » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:31 pm

eat peanut butter jelly a lot and fo strength program 5x5 u will be 2.2k in no time
 i_no_english

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Benhouse » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Learn some discipline and resilience. Don't need a plan to get fitter, trimmer and healthier - however it does help as long as you follow it strictly which you probably won't. Common sense, stop eating shit food and follow an exercise regime tailored to what you specifically want. Do you want to be a gym rat and go through cycles of bulking and shredding - and struggle to fit into a pair of jeans down the track. Do you prefer running, riding or swimming and wanna look lean. Is there some kind of team sport you can get involved in, as exercise is always easier with a group mentality, as no one wants to be the first ***** to quit. Give yourself a proper rest cycle and rest days. Don't play video games to 3am. Don't reward yourself with shit food or alcohol because you put in a good session of exercise - animals get rewarded for that sort of shit. Don't take days off because you're not feeling 100%, just back it off a little. Don't over exercise and get injured.

But the most important rule is DON'T **** CURL IN THE SQUAT RACK. Oh and don't do crossfit.

You'll find gym becomes pretty addictive after some time too. You'll find everyone in the gym is an expert. Two head phones in and you'll have a good time.

Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
 Benhouse

Postby  argus_panoptes » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Just remember that you'll most likely fail to follow your plan many many times. Dont be unrealistic
  » Rein wrote:
  » Gary Internet wrote:
Please post your recs.

How can they post recs off an AW?
 argus_panoptes

Postby  pip » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:49 pm

24 Dec 2015, 13:02 GMT » Benhouse wrote:
But the most important rule is DON'T **** CURL IN THE SQUAT RACK. Oh and don't do crossfit.

this. especially the crossfit part. That's only some made up sh*t people use to ruin their backs and share on facebook.

I usually do 4x8, some people 5x5, but just do what you can manage or feels right. Remember, it's slow progress and you will be the last to notice the difference. Also don't eat those powder stuff you can buy to get mass quickly. Not healthy. Eat lots of eggs and drink milk instead ;)
AoC Stats - aoe2stats.net | AoE2 Captains mode - aoe2cm.net | Blog - blog.aocpip.eu
 pip

Postby  IvIaximus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Eat, Sleep, Workout and do not ask for advice on computer game forum. 11
Emin:
Not going to write one page down to explain how nonsense evolution is. lol
-----------------
We are proud of our history and we are proud of Ottoman Empire. So I see nothing wrong with becoming a new Ottoman Empire.
 IvIaximus

Postby  Russian_Accent » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:20 pm

my only advice is what a wise man told once here on aoczone: curls get the girls. stick to it and you'll be fine 11
  » ciaran wrote:
curls get the girls
 Russian_Accent

Next

Return to Suggestions