Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

Escape Gaming

EGC #1: Strike the Balance

Gladiators of the Arena

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Auto downloadedFind »

Users currently online
Members (31)
»  FiRe5
»  mrn
»  obi11
»  xLain
Guests (114)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Ads

A little bug

Suggestions for AoCZone website
Advertisement from Google 

A little bug

Postby  Tarmo1 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:22 pm

Hey

So I was playing some huns war and made some trebs, one died at some point and later I had to do a TC on the dead treb to protect my gold. That's where I found that I could not make a TC on a PACKED dead trebuchet.
After the game I thought that I maybe overlooked something and did a test on scenario editor, the same result occurred, this did not only happen to a TC, infact I was not abel to put down any building on the dead PACKED treb. (only packed!)

Well, anyway this is not a really big deal, but during the game it was quiet troublesome at that point. Maybe people already know about that, I don't know. But anyway maybe this can be fixed tho one day, thats all from me.
 Tarmo1

Re: A little bug

Postby  Spaden » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:41 pm

Yea, this is quite a well known bug (inb4 scripter64 b1tchslaps me and tell me it's not a bug :mrgreen:). Anyway, it's very unusual that you "have to make a tc" in post-imp. You should've just made some mining camps around it so you could avoid the treb and make a castle instead, if you have the stone.
<[BsK]Exile_> look at the courageuous creative motivational tactics
<[BsK]Exile_> nigga
<[BsK]Exile_> i know more big words
<[BsK]Exile_> than a dictiornary

[NoGs]chinge: my map straight up bald like rubens head

Spaden

2029 (49%)

Postby  Tarmo1 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:18 pm

well probably. The TC was just a random move :D
 Tarmo1

Postby  scripter64 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:02 pm

I think it might be a data file issue like Fervor only applying to "monks carrying relics" instead of all monks. For example, it might be a problem with the way the trebuchet's "dead unit" object is setup or maybe it's some weirdness caused by the way trebuchets are defined as moving building category 80 objects, where all other category 80 objects are stationary.

If it's an issue with the "dead unit" object properties, like Fervor, you could probably fix it with Advanced Genie Editor and adjusting empires2_x1_p1.dat (will cause a sync issue unless everyone has the new dat). If it's weirdness with the game handling moving category 80 objects, it might require an exe fix, but that's probably not going to happen. In any case, Spaden is right :mrgreen: that it's unintended behavior and a bug.
 scripter64

Postby  Schiltknecht » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:58 pm

This is a data issue which is caused by air mode of dead packed trebuchets being set to 0 instead of 1. It has been fixed in Forgotten Empires and HD expansions.
 Schiltknecht

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  scripter64 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:32 pm

27 Mar 2016, 18:58 GMT » Schiltknecht wrote:
This is a data issue which is caused by air mode of dead packed trebuchets being set to 0 instead of 1. It has been fixed in Forgotten Empires and HD expansions.

Thanks for the confirmation! That makes sense because I'm almost positive that this issue was researched for UP. If it wasn't directly fixed in UP, it was likely a bug that required a change to the dat file (like Fervor) and not an exe fix. Changing the dat file is outside the scope of UP, since that would break/affect mp sync, saves, recs, gameplay mods, and expansions like AoFE, Age of Chivalry, etc.

Unfortunately, that's why the Fervor bug and this trebuchet bug remain in aoc, even with v1.4. It's a strange situation, as the game is functioning exactly as the dat file is directing it to, so the code is fine. It's entirely an ES data entry issue.
 scripter64

Return to Suggestions